Last updated: 5/20/20
Heron Therapeutics, Inc. and Baudax Bio Inc., are the sponsors of the Surgical Taskforce Organized to Prevent Opioid Abuse (STOP Opioid Abuse) and www.STOPOA.org (the “Site”), respect your privacy as a user of the Site.
Information We Collect
We collect information when you interact with us, for example, (1) when you visit and use the Site, (2) when you email us, submit forms, or otherwise contact us, (3) when you use our services and (4) when you partner with us.
Some of the information we collect may be personal information, by which we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person or household, such as a real name and email address. When other information is directly associated with personal information, we also consider that information to be personal information. Information that is aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized will not be considered personal information. Publicly available information that is made available from federal, state, or local government records, also is not personal information.
The information we collect varies depending on how you interact with us:
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide the following types of information to us online or otherwise when you use our services, and such information may be personal information within the terms of this policy (we also provide non-exhaustive examples of when this information may be collected):
- Individual contact and identification information, including name and email address (for example, when you sign up for updates or notifications from STOP Opioid Abuse, fill out one of our online forms, such as “Join the Taskforce,” or provide your information at a special event);
- Identification information for verification;
- The name of your organization (for example, when you sign up for updates or notifications from STOP Opioid Abuse, fill out one of our online forms, such as “Join the Taskforce,” or provide your information at a special event); or
- Social media identity, posted content, and other data relating to our official social media pages or other STOP Opioid Abuse forums on the internet (for example, if you post on, “Favorite”, “Follow”, or otherwise interact with our Twitter page, we may collect that information).
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services
We may also collect information automatically depending on the service you use, including when you use the Site. For example, we may collect information such as:
- Cookies when you visit our websites (see below for additional information on this technology); and
- IP addresses, device identifiers, browser information, device information, operating system information, language information, URLs accessed, information about your use of our website, and dates and times of activity, including as accessed from cookies described below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Notify you about updates to our services and websites, at your request;
- Measure and improve our services and performance, including our programs and website layout and content;
- Process, provide, and administer surveys and special events;
- Provide, administer, and utilize our social media pages and websites;
- Send updates or notices about our organization and the services and information we offer that we think may be of interest to you;
- Compare information and identification for accuracy and verify it, including for identification purposes; and
Anonymize or otherwise protect your data.
Who We Share Your Data With
The information that you provide on the Site may be shared with agents of STOP Opioid Abuse who are:
- sending newsletters, emails and other publications;
- providing access to the content on the Site;
- offering invitations to educational and industry events by email; and
- collecting industry data and information and sharing the results
Name and address information collected on the Site is not available for use by organizations seeking to contact you with information about products or services.
Your Access and Control Over Information
You may request to access, update, or in certain cases delete your personal information that we have collected, used, or disclosed. You can do so by emailing STOPOpioidAbuse@spectrumscience.com.
If you have signed up for Updates or Notifications, you may choose at any time to remove your name and email address from the list we use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us by contacting us at STOPOpioidAbuse@spectrumscience.com.
Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (“CCPA”), may additionally afford rights to our users and customers who are California residents. For example, California residents may have a right, following a verifiable request, to:
- access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—for the 12-month period prior to the request, the categories and specific pieces of personal information STOP Opioid Abuse has collected about the user, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- delete personal information under certain circumstances.
Such requests may be made as described in the section above titled “Your Access and Control Over Information”, or in the Contact section below. STOP Opioid Abuse does not discriminate against our users and customers on the basis of their exercising any of the rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title.
In order to protect your information security, following any request, we will verify your identity using at least two data points you have previously provided to us. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us.